- Share a common interest in worthwhile recreational activities (sports, hobbies, etc.);
- Further their vocational development through acquaintance with others of the same profession;
- Make new friends around the world;
- Explore new opportunities for service; and
- Have fun and enhance their experience in Rotary.
The government of Canada is providing C$40 million over three years in support of Pakistan’s polio eradication program. The funds will help the World Health Organization and UNICEF interrupt transmission of the wild poliovirus in Pakistan. Canada is the fifth-highest per capita donor to polio eradication, with over C$500 million committed to date. It coordinates its efforts closely with Rotary, matching Rotarians’ contributions during fundraising campaigns.